Disability Access Statement
Disability Access Statement for Welcome Family Holiday Park, Dawlish Warren, South Devon.
Special Requirements and Disabilities
We constantly evaluate our accessibility, look for ways to make it better, and work to make sure that our services are as accessible as is practical. Before making your reservation, please inform us in detail of any needs, circumstances, and requirements. Please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 03451 65 62 65, and we will be pleased to talk with you about the suitability of our accommodation. Please recognise that any reservations made without prior communication are the responsibility of the consumer.
The management and staff at the Welcome Family Holiday Park constantly work to ensure that all visitors enjoy the accommodation, facilities and activities provided in a safe and relaxed way. If at any stage during a visit to the park, visitors require help, assistance or guidance in anyway, it is on hand throughout their stay, be it concerning housekeeping, entertainment, or their general health and welfare. Our culture is based on us taking the strain, whilst our visitors relax and enjoy themselves. Some of the facilities we currently offer include:
- Welcome Family Holiday Park provides a range of accommodation for holiday visitors, as well as private owners
- Our fully illustrated brochure is available well in advance of any confirmed holiday booking.
- Our reception is staffed throughout the year so that customers can access help and information at any time.
- Our website provides answers to all question visitors may have before arrival.
Arrival & Parking Facilities
- Reception for the park is within 300 metres from a bus stop serviced regularly by Stagecoach
- Reception for the park is within 400 metres distance of the local train station
- Immediately outside reception is a large tarmac car park for up to 20 vehicles, dedicated to visitor arrivals.
- Once they have checked in, guests can drive to the available parking area closest to their accommodation. Please note that there is no allocated parking on site and visitors may not always be able to park directly outside their accommodation. However we do have a limited number of temporary disabled parking signs available for the use of customers with blue badges. For more information on disabled parking signs click here.
- All parking bays have ample space and are easily accessible.
- All facilities and key locations are clearly sign posted and a there are well lit walkways as well as speed controlled traffic routes throughout the park.
- All visitors are provided with an easy to read park map and welcome pack on arrival.
Main Entrance, Reception
- Access to reception is directly from the car park, with no steps to encounter.
- The whole area around reception is level and well lit after dark.
- There is ample room within reception for many guests and there are normally at least 2 receptionists available to assist
- There is ample room for a large wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- Seating is available for the comfort of guests.
Public Areas – External
- Tarmac roads service all parts and speed restrictions and traffic calming is in place throughout.
- Well lit, paved pathways are in place throughout the park with few steps to encounter.
- Ramps are in place making wheelchair access and movement easy in most areas.
- Rest areas and benches are sited throughout for the convenience of guest and visitors.
- All public areas and many accommodation units have ground floor access
- All public areas have easy access, ample space and are constantly staffed.
- On site we have 58 Bungalows which all have ramp access. There are 50 Lodges, 22 of which have a ramp for easy access. None of our caravans have ramps – these are typically accessed by 3 to 5 steps.
Public Areas – Internal (Club, Pool, Reception etc)
- Cruisers Club is the most popular public area and has ramp access, disabled toilet facilities, support railings and wide walkways enabling wheelchair access and maneuverability.
- The bar is on the level and has a selection of different table sizes.
- The food service counter is down 2 steps, if guests require assistance staff are available to help.
- The arcade is accessible during the day. After 6pm wheelchair users should request access to the arcade at Cruisers Club Reception.
- All tables and chairs can be moved easily and staff are always on hand if assistance is required
- The patio and smoking area outside the bar is easily accessible.
- All other public lounge and sitting areas have easy access, ample space and are constantly staffed.
- The swimming pool building has ramped access and a disabled toilet, however there is no facility for disabled access to the swimming pools.
- The launderette has a ramped access.
- There is adequate coverage for mobile phones on the Park.
- Reception staff have a range of information on hand for excursions and attractions throughout the region and can help with any individual requests on this topic, as well as making bookings.
- During every closed season, we invest both money and effort in developing the park, its facilities and professionalism and training of our staff.
- All guests and visitors are encouraged to make suggestions and provide feedback on their stay so that the Welcome Family Holiday Park can continue to strive to improve its service and facilities.
- There are local shops nearby with a large supermarket 1.2 miles away.
- The park has a locker room where guests can leave their luggage.
- Dawlish Warren beach is within 700 metres of the park, information about access to the beach is available here.
Welcome Family Holiday Park
Telephone: 03451 65 62 65