GDPR Privacy Notice
Swan Holidays Ltd will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location based information. This does however include name, address, email, phone number and car registration.
Why we need your data
We need to know your basic personal data in order to ensure you have the best possible service from us and are allocated to suitable accommodation in line with your booking contract and our terms and conditions.
We also need your contact details in case of emergency, in case anyone needs to contact you urgently whilst you are on holiday at Welcome Family Holiday Park, or if we need to contact you about your vehicle(s) parked on site.
We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with your data
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK including IT hosting and maintenance which is also located on servers within UK. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information on this framework can be found on our website.
How long we keep your data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
When you sign up to our email mailing list
If you have opted to received email marketing information from us we will use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products.
In order to send marketing emails, we use a third-party email service, MailChimp who act as a data-processor on behalf of Swan Holidays Ltd.
MailChimp is a US company and has staff based outside the EEA, and stores your data in the US. MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way. As a data processor on behalf of Swan Holidays, MailChimp will use your information to send you email alerts if you request them. You can find out more about how MailChimp collects and stores your information here.
You can unsubscribe to email marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the foot of any of our marketing emails, alternatively you can contact us via our website or phone us on 03451 65 62 65.
What are your rights
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
Version 2 – 21/5/18
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookiesThis site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then please contact us.
Version 2 – 19/6/18