Terms and Conditions
1 Our terms and conditions
- 1.1 Please read these terms carefully as they make up your agreement with us, together with your booking confirmation.
- 1.2 If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to make a booking.
- 1.3 From time to time, we may need to update our terms and conditions and park rules; you can always find the latest version online at https://www.welcomefamily.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
- 1.4 Whether you book online, by phone or in person, these terms (and any future ones) apply to every booking.
2 Who your agreement is with
- 2.1 Welcome Family Holiday Park is the trading name of Swan Holidays Limited, a company registered in England with registration number 222843 and having its registered office at Welcome Family Holiday Park, Dawlish Warren, Dawlish, Devon EX7 0PH.
- 2.2 References to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ in these terms and conditions are to Swan Holidays Limited.
- 2.3 References to ‘you’ in these terms and conditions are to you, as the person making this booking and, where applicable, to every member of your party.
- 2.4 In case of any questions, queries or complaints, please contact us on 03451 65 62 65.
- 3.1 We only accept booking requests when we have reviewed and approved them. We will contact you to confirm that we have received your booking and then we will contact you again (normally within three (3) days) to confirm if we have accepted your booking, at which time the contract between you and us for your booking will come into place. If your stay with us is to take place within three (3) days of the date you submit the booking request, please contact us by telephone on 03451 65 62 65 or by email to email@example.com to confirm that we are able to accept your booking.
- 3.2 We may decline bookings at our discretion. When this happens, we will let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
- 3.3 Guest restrictions
- 3.3.1 In addition to us having the ability to decline bookings at our discretion without giving any reason, as our name suggests, Welcome Family Holiday Park caters for families and couples. We don’t allow hen or stag parties and we usually turn down the following bookings:
- (a) lead persons under the age of 21 (a ‘lead person’ is the person making the booking);
- (b) non-family bookings from people under the age of 25;
- (c) large single sex groups;
- (d) groups occupying more than 4 holiday homes;
- (e) bookings with a party total of one person; and/or
- (f) non holidaymakers.
- 3.3.2 If your party fits one of these descriptions, please contact us on 03451 65 62 65 before submitting a booking request.
- 3.3.3 If your party fits one of these descriptions and you make a booking without telling us, we may cancel your booking after it has been made. We may ask you to leave the park. We reserve the right to charge you for reasonable losses and costs that we suffer because of the cancellation. This could result in you not receiving a refund for the unused portion of your holiday.
- 3.4 Prohibited bookings. We do not allow anyone to use or visit our park who is a convicted child sex offender subject to the notification requirements of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Notice. If you don’t disclose this information about yourself or any other member of your party, and it later becomes known to us, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and require that you, and the other members of your party, leave the park, without any refund.
- 3.5 Details of party members must be disclosed at the time of booking and only people listed on the booking confirmation may use our holiday homes and facilities. The total number of people coming with you (including children) mustn’t be more than the capacity of your holiday home. Babies under the age of two do not form part of the group total.
- 3.6 Illness. If you or a member of your party, develops a contagious medical condition within the four (4) weeks before your arrival, please telephone or email us before you arrive to let us know so that we can discuss the next steps with you. If a contagious condition is developed whilst on holiday, please report it to us immediately. In some cases, we may seek advice from a doctor and ask you to stay in your holiday home or to go home.
- 3.7 Guests with a disability.
- 3.7.1 If you have any specific health needs or requirements, please contact us prior to making your booking for our advice – we will do our best to meet your requirements, but they cannot always be guaranteed. Our Disability Access Statement is available on request or at https://www.welcomefamily.co.uk/disability-access-statement.
- 3.7.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read our Disability Access Statement and that your accommodation is suitable for your needs.
- 3.8 Requesting accommodation.
- 3.8.1 For holidays of 7 nights or more, we can usually offer specific holiday homes in locations of your choice, subject to an additional charge per booking. This request can be made at the time of the booking (up to two (2) weeks before arrival).
- 3.8.2 There may be a few limited choices available on arrival. If such choices are available on your arrival, a charge will apply to the booking.
- 3.9 Amendments to your booking. Should you wish to amend either your holiday dates or type of accommodation after your booking has been confirmed an administration fee will be charged plus any difference in price attributable to the change in dates or types of accommodation. You cannot amend your holiday less than six (6) weeks prior to arrival.
- 3.10 Our right to make changes. On very rare occasions we may not be able to provide the holiday that you have booked. If this happens, we will contact you and offer you a replacement or a full refund.
- 4.1 You will need to pay the deposit when you submit your booking request. The deposit amount payable depends on the price of your holiday and you will be asked to pay this when you submit your booking request. When the balance of the price of your holiday is due, it will be reduced by the amount of your deposit.
- 4.2 Details of the deposits payable on holiday bookings are set out on our website here.
- 5.1 Our prices. The price of your holiday will be set out in our price list shown on our website which is current at the time you place your booking with us. Prices for holidays can go up or down, depending on factors such as availability of accommodation and the time left before the start of your holiday.
- 5.2 What you will pay. The exact price of your holiday is shown when you book. Once you’ve booked and have paid your deposit, we won’t change your holiday price unless the VAT rate changes, or unless we both agree.
- 5.3 All prices are inclusive of VAT. If the VAT rate is increased, we will ask you to pay the additional amount.
- 5.4 The prices of our holidays sometimes change depending on availability. Therefore, prices of unsold holidays may be increased or reduced at any time.
- 5.5 The balance of the price of your holiday is payable six (6) weeks before your arrival date unless your booking is made less than six (6) weeks before the start of your holiday. If your booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of your holiday, the full price is payable at the date of booking. If you don’t pay the balance when it becomes due, we may cancel your holiday, and in this case our cancellation terms would apply. This is to cover our additional costs such as administrative costs (including costs of re-marketing the holiday) and losses or costs incurred by us in finding a replacement for your booking.
6 Voucher & Promotion Codes
- 6.1 We may on occasion issue voucher or promotion codes which entitles customers to a discount or special offer, provided that:
- 6.1.1 Discounts are only available for new bookings made directly with us.
- 6.1.2 Bookings must be made via our website or by telephoning 03451 656265.
- 6.1.3 Only one voucher code may be used per customer.
- 6.1.4 Only one voucher code can be applied to a booking.
- 6.1.5 Voucher codes cannot be retrospectively applied to bookings already made.
- 6.1.6 We reserve the right to withdraw a promotion or voucher code at any time. This may affect bookings already made using a promotion or voucher code we have withdrawn and we will contact you to inform you where a promotion or voucher code has been withdrawn.
- 6.1.7 Voucher codes can only be used against the cost of accommodation and cannot be used for any added extras.
7 Our Service to You
- 7.1 Events outside our control. If we cannot provide your holiday due to an event outside our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to offer you an alternative. If you accept the alternative then we won’t provide any compensation but if we cannot agree an alternative you can contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any booking you have paid for in advance, but not received.
- 7.2 Our holiday homes. Photographs and layouts images of the holiday homes shown on our website, brochure, arrival book and other marketing material are for illustration purposes and the details may be subject to alteration.
- 8.1.1 We want you to enjoy your holiday and to allow other visitors to enjoy their holiday. We therefore expect our visitors to behave responsibly and to be respectful towards others.
- 8.1.2 If the behaviour of any person in your party becomes threatening, abusive or offensive in any way, or is in breach of the Park Rules (see clause 8.3), we may ask you and your party to leave the park and cancel your holiday with us. We reserve the right to charge you for reasonable losses and costs that we suffer because of the cancellation. This could result in you not receiving a refund for the unused portion of your holiday.
- 8.1.3 You will appreciate that even though we have rules regarding behaviour and that we do our best to enforce those rules, we cannot control the actions of third parties. We cannot therefore take responsibility for any issues arising from the actions of third parties, including behaviour of other holidaymakers.
- 8.1.4 If you have any concerns about the behaviour of any other guest, please report it to us as soon as possible and we will investigate and take whatever action we feel necessary to protect the safety and enjoyment of our holidaymakers.
8.2 Use of your accommodation
- 8.2.1 We ask that you look after our holiday accommodation – we do not require you to pay a damage deposit, but we reserve the right to recover the cost of any damages to our property caused either by you or your party.
- 8.2.2 Please report any damages us as soon as possible – damages not reported to us whilst on site may incur additional administration charges. We may go into your accommodation at a reasonable time to check the condition and in an emergency may have to come into your accommodation at any time.
8.3 Compliance with Park Rules
- 8.3.1 The Park Rules (set out at the end of these terms and conditions) MUST be complied with. Please draw these to the attention of your party. The park is a shared environment, and courtesy and consideration towards others is necessary for everyone to enjoy their holiday.
9 Facilities and Entertainment
- 9.1 If circumstances beyond our control prevent us from supplying any services, we reserve the right to alter, withdraw or vary the availability of amenities, entertainment programme and facilities without notice. In such cases we will endeavour to substitute programmes and facilities with similar services.
- 9.2 The comfort and safety of our guests is paramount and therefore some of our facilities have age and/or height restrictions. Entry to the club and swimming pools is on a first-come, first-served basis and for health and safety reasons will be restricted during very busy times.
- 10.1 Wireless internet access (WiFi Service) is provided in good faith for customers who are staying with us and the reliability of this service cannot be guaranteed. By using our Wi-fi you are agreeing to our terms and conditions as follows:
- 10.1.1 Your access to the WiFi Service is conditional upon your legal and appropriate use of the WiFi Service.
- 10.1.2 Your use of the WiFi Service and any activities conducted online through the WiFi Service shall not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of us, or any third party.
- 10.1.3 The use of the WiFi Service for the following activities is prohibited:
- (a) any activity which might damage our reputation, or our directors or employees or their reputations.
- (b) sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the internet using the WiFi Service or using the WiFi Service for activities that invade another’s privacy.
- (c) engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
- (d) advertising, soliciting, transmitting, storing, posting, displaying, or otherwise making available obscene or indecent images or other materials. We will notify and cooperate fully with the police and any law enforcement agency if we become aware of any use of the WiFi Service in connection with such activities.
- (e) using the WiFi Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, racist or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
- (f) accessing illegally computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system. This includes but is not limited to, port scans, stealth scans or other information gathering activity. Distribution of viruses, trojan horses, or other destructive activities distributing information regarding the creation of and sending viruses, worms, trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mailbombing, or denial of service attacks.
11 Your right to cancel
- 11.1 You have the right to cancel your booking within two days of the date of us accepting the booking request without incurring any charges.
- 11.2 Should you need to cancel your holiday, we offer a Standard Cancellation Plan as part of your booking with us. However, for a small additional amount, you can benefit from our Extended Cancellation Plan. Please refer to our website here for details of the amount of money you will be charged should you need to cancel or transfer your holiday with either our Standard or Extended Plan.
- 11.3 It’s important to understand that our Extended Cancellation Plan is only available at the time of booking your holiday and cannot be added at a later date. It is not available for bookings made within 6 weeks of arrival. Should you have to cancel your holiday the premium paid for Extended Cover is not refunded.
12 Our right to cancel
- 12.1 We can cancel your booking and not refund any sums paid if:
- 12.1.1 you don’t make any payment to us when it’s due and you still don’t make payment within 7 days of our reminding you that payment is due; or
- 12.1.2 you don’t, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information, cooperation or access that we need to provide the booking.
13 Filming and Photography
- 13.1 We sometimes undertake promotional filming & photography. Every effort is made to ensure filming does not intrude into your privacy and make it clear to all guests in the vicinity that filming/photography is taking place. With this agreement, you give us the rights to using anything containing your image that’s made while you’re with us. If you don’t want to be included in promotional material please try to stay away from the filming area. However, if you or someone in your party does stray into a photo or video without meaning to, please let us know and we’ll do our best to remove the image or video material from our library.
14 How we use your personal data
- 15.1 Our liability for property damage. We accept liability for loss or damage to your property which has been caused by negligence or breach of these terms by us or our employees. Our liability for property damage shall be limited to no more than £1,000.00. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any act or omission by any person who is not employed by us or contracted to work for us. We recommend that you take out appropriate insurance to cover your belongings.
- 15.2 Our liability for all other damage. Our maximum liability to you for losses incurred by you as a consequence of a breach of these terms and conditions by us or as a consequence of negligence by us or our employees shall be limited to the amount that you have paid us for your holiday. We will not be responsible for loss or damage that is not a reasonably foreseeable result of a breach of these terms and conditions or our negligence.
- 15.3 However, nothing in these terms and conditions excludes liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
16 If you need to make a complaint
- 16.1 Even though we’ll do all we can to give you a fantastic holiday, things do sometimes go wrong.
- 16.2 If there’s something wrong with your accommodation or holiday, please tell the Reception team straightaway so we can try to put things right. We’re sorry, but complaints may be rejected if we have not been given the opportunity to put matters right or investigate your concerns whilst you have been staying with us.
- 16.3 If your holiday is over and you’re still unhappy, please email our Customer Care team or write to us at Welcome Family Holiday Park, Warren Road, Dawlish Warren, Devon, EX7 0PH within seven days of the end of your holiday. Please write your holiday reference number on your letter and include your telephone number and contact details. Our Customer Care team will investigate your complaint to find out what happened and we’ll try to write back to you within 14 days of getting your letter or email.
17 Prize draws and competitions
- 17.1 Prize draws and competitions are open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and the immediate families of Swan Holidays Ltd, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion or company. Worldwide residents may enter where a prize is not required to be sent out, i.e. prizes to win a holiday where notification can be made by email.
- 17.2 No purchase is necessary to enter. All prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- 17.3 Winners or prize draw entries will be chosen at random from all valid entries. Where a postcard entry is required, a full name, address and telephone number should be given.
- 17.4 Entry to any prize draw or competition is restricted to one per household. Multiple entries, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
- 17.5 The winner will be contacted by email within 14 days of the close date. In the event that the winner has not responded within 14 days of notification then we reserve the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner.
- 17.6 Winners of Facebook competitions will be notified by private message and on the Facebook post. Failure to respond to the Facebook message/post within 14 days will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- 17.7 For prizes which are for money off a Welcome Family Holiday, the discount may only be used against a new booking for the season / dates stated.
- 17.8 Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated.
- 17.9 The winner’s name and county may be published in our literature, on our website or on social media. A full list of prize-winners may be obtained by sending a stamped-addressed envelope to: Marketing Department, Welcome Family Holiday Park, Dawlish Warren, EX7 0PH, marking your envelope with the name of the draw for which you require the list of winners.
- 17.10 We reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value if, due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, the stated prizes are no longer available.
- 17.11 By entering the prize draw entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to prize draws. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- 17.12 Neither we or our agencies accept responsibility for any loss, injury or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
- 17.13 Facebook and Twitter competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- 17.14 Neither we or our agencies will be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within our control, or the control of our agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- 17.15 We reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any person we find to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or our website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions. Illegible or late entries will be disqualified.
- 17.16 To the full extent permitted by law we will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond our reasonable control.
18 Our website
- 18.1 We have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all the information provided through our website is accurate at the time of inclusion. However, there may be inadvertent and occasional errors, including typographical errors and omissions for which we apologise.
- 18.2 Information, including availability of facilities, content of entertainment programme or personnel may also be updated or changed at any time without notice.
- 18.3 We make no representations or warranties about the information provided through our website including hypertext links or any other items used either directly or indirectly from it. Any decisions based on information contained in this website are the sole responsibility of the visitor. We accept no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages or any other damages of whatsoever kind resulting from whatever cause through the use of any information obtained either directly or indirectly from our website.
19 Other important terms
- 19.1 We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your service. We’ll tell you in writing if this happens and we’ll ensure that the transfer won’t affect your rights under the contract.
- 19.2 You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we agree to this.
- 19.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
- 19.4 If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
- 19.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.
- 19.6 Which laws apply to our contract. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
- Visitors are required to check in on arrival, check out on departure and return the accommodation key at check out. Check in time is from 4 pm and check out is 10 am.
- Accidents must be reported to Reception and documented on an Accident Report Form within 24 hours.
- All signs situated around the park must be observed.
- Consideration and courtesy towards other park users must be observed at all times. We will not tolerate unruly or antisocial behaviour. If any guest staying on our park exhibits such behaviour, they will be asked to leave the park. No exceptions.
- Noise should be kept to a minimum to avoid disturbance to other park users. Between the hours of 11pm-8am all users of the park should be quiet.
- Car parking – We do not have allocated parking or offer parking next to your accommodation. Cars must display the car sticker that is provided and be parked in the designated parking areas within a parking bay. Parking on the grass is strictly prohibited. In the event that you bring two or more cars, in the interest of fairness to the other guests in your area we may ask you to park one or more of your cars in an overflow car park.
- The speed limit of 5mph must be observed on the park for all vehicles and bicycles.
- The one-way system applies to vehicles and cyclists and must be observed at all times.
- Blue Badge Holders – We offer those customers who are in possession of a valid ‘blue badge’ a disabled parking sign for a returnable deposit for the duration of their stay. You must present the badge to our staff and the person named on the badge must be part of the booking party. We may ask for proof of identity. We have no designated disabled parking bays. Other guests are not permitted to remove or tamper with the disabled parking sign.
- Bicycles must be ridden with care and consideration towards other holiday makers on the park. Cycling is not permitted on the grass.
- Pets – Well-behaved and fully vaccinated dogs not listed in the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 are permitted in selected accommodation, at an extra charge. Normally one dog only is allowed per booking. A second dog is allowed at our discretion. You cannot take your dog into your accommodation unless you have included them in your booking and received confirmation. Please respect the grounds by cleaning up after your dog. Dogs are not allowed on beds or other furniture. Dogs must never be left unattended, must be kept on a lead, and must wear the identity tag provided at all times whilst on the park. Dogs are not allowed in any of the indoor public areas (except registered assistance dogs). Other species of pet may be permitted to stay on park at our discretion, please check prior to booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the park any dog or other pet that we consider to be a potential danger or nuisance to other users of the park. If you are asked to remove a dog or other pet by us, you will be expected to do so with immediate effect.
- Licensed club – there is no restriction on the age of guests using our licensed club. However, after 6.00pm children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Admission into the club will only be granted to park residents in possession of their included Fun Pass. Owners of privately owned holiday homes and their Customers are allowed entry into the club strictly at the discretion of Welcome Family Holiday Park, and are subject to charges we may impose.
- Alcoholic drinks must be enjoyed responsibly. Anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Smoking and the use of e-cigarettes is not permitted within accommodation or any of the buildings on the park. Please dispose of cigarettes carefully and in the designated bins provided.
- Illegal drugs are not permitted on the park. If you are suspected of using or possessing illegal drugs whilst on the park you will be told to leave immediately and we will report you to the police.
- Swimming pool – All children under 11 years of age and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a competent and responsible adult over 18 and who is able to swim. All pool rules as stated in the pool facilities must be observed.
- Children – Parents are responsible for supervising their children whilst on the park. All the services/facilities offered for children are not childcare facilities. Children remain the responsibility of their parents at all times.
- Games – park users should use the games area provided. Please do not cause any disturbance to other park users by playing in between pitches.
- For the safety of others clothing lines are not permitted between pitches. Instead, window hanging or free-standing clothes horses are permitted. Full laundry and drying facilities are provided on the park.
- Barbeques are permitted but must be of proper construction. The base of the barbeque must not come into contact with the grass. Please consider your neighbours, keep the barbeque well away from buildings and caravans and most importantly, do not dispose of the ashes in the bin until the following day when you are sure they are cold. You must not put barbeques on the steps or verandas of your holiday home. Open fires are prohibited.
- Footpaths are provided for access to all facilities and accommodations. Although we permit use of the grass areas for recreation, please be aware that grass may be slippery, uneven and cause slips or falls. As such we cannot accept responsibility for accidents caused whilst walking or playing on grass areas. Ball games are not permitted on grass areas – please use the sporting facilities provided.
- Please take all your rubbish to the designated litter bins, doggie bins and recycling bins. Rubbish bags or litter must not be left outside of your accommodation.
- You are not permitted to use the park facilities to charge any electric vehicles. This includes the use of any form of extension leads from your accommodation or any of the facilities on the park.
- No commercial vehicles, large vans, touring caravans, motor homes, boats, trailers, builders pick up trucks or working vehicles may be brought onto the park without prior written consent of the park.
- Vehicles cannot be stored on the park for any reason, whether due to breakdown or other reasons.
- Electric scooters, Quad Bikes, Segway’s, Hover Boards, Balance Boards and similar are NOT allowed on site.