Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms carefully as they make up your agreement with us, together with your booking confirmation and the information on our website and in our brochure.
1. WHO YOUR AGREEMENT IS WITH
Welcome Family Holiday Park is the trading name of Swan Holidays (Westward) Limited, a company registered in England with registration number 222843 and having its registered office at Welcome Family Holiday Park, Dawlish Warren, Dawlish, Devon EX7 0PH (the Company).
References to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ in these terms and conditions are to the Company.
References to ‘you’ in these terms and conditions are to you, as the person making this booking and, where applicable, to every member of your party.
In case of any questions, queries or complaints, please contact us on 03451 65 62 65.
2. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your attention is particularly drawn to the following sections of these terms and conditions:
- Bookings (section 3)
- Deposit and Payment (section 4 and section 5)
- Behaviour (section 7)
- Compliance with Park Rules (section 9 and section 20)
- Guests with a disability (section 12)
- Cancellation rights (section 15)
- Filming and photography (section 17)
- Liability (section 19)
By making a booking you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to make a booking.
From time to time we may need to update our terms and conditions and park rules; you can always find the latest version online at https://www.welcomefamily.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
Whether you book online, by phone or in person, these terms (and any future ones) affect every booking.
As our name suggests, Welcome Family Holiday Park caters for families and couples. We don’t allow hen or stag parties and we usually turn down the following bookings:
- Lead persons under the age of 21 (a “lead person” is the person making the booking)
- Non-family bookings from people under the age of 25
- Single sex groups
- Groups occupying more than 4 holiday homes
- Bookings with a party total of one person
- Non holidaymakers
If your party fits one of these descriptions, please contact us on 03451 65 62 65 before making a booking.
If your party fits one of these descriptions and you make a booking without telling us, we may cancel your booking after it has been made. We may ask you to leave the park. We reserve the right to charge you for reasonable losses and costs that we suffer because of the cancellation. This could result in you not receiving a refund for the unused portion of your holiday.
When a reservation is made, we will issue a Booking Confirmation by email, and so we require you to supply us with a valid email address.
We reserve the right to use our reasonable discretion to decline any booking.
We do not allow anyone to use or visit our park who is a convicted child sex offender, or is subject to the notification requirements of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, or who is subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Notice.
Details of party members must be disclosed at the time of booking and only people listed on the booking confirmation may use our holiday homes and facilities. The total number of people coming with you (including children) mustn’t be more than the capacity of your holiday home. Babies under the age of two do not form part of the group total.
Should you wish to amend either your holiday dates or type of accommodation after your booking has been confirmed an administration charge of £20.00 will be charged plus any difference in price attributable to the change in dates or types of accommodation. You cannot amend the lead name and bookings are not transferable to someone else without our consent. You cannot amend your holiday less than 6 weeks prior to arrival.
On very rare occasions we may not be able to provide the holiday that you have booked. If this happens we will contact you and offer you a replacement or a full refund.
At the time of your booking we will require you to pay an advance deposit payment. The deposit amount payable depends on the price of your holiday and is confirmed with you when you are making a booking. When the balance of the price of your holiday is due, it will be reduced by the amount of your deposit.
The price of your holiday will be set out in our price list which is current at the time you place your booking with us.
All prices are shown on our website. Prices for holidays can go up or down, depending on factors such as availability of accommodation and the time left before the start of your holiday.
The exact price of your holiday is shown when you book. Once you’ve booked and have paid your deposit, we won’t change your holiday price unless the VAT rate changes, or unless we both agree.
All prices are inclusive of VAT. If the VAT rate is increased we will ask you to pay the additional amount.
The prices of our holidays sometimes change depending on availability. Therefore prices of unsold holidays may be increased or reduced at any time.
The balance of the price of your holiday is payable 6 weeks before your arrival date. If your booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of your holiday, the full price is payable at the date of booking. If you don’t pay the balance when it becomes due, we may cancel your holiday, and in this case you won’t get your deposit back. This is to cover our additional costs such as administrative costs (including costs of re-marketing the holiday) and losses or costs incurred by us in finding a replacement for your booking.
6. OUR SERVICE TO YOU
Even though we’ll do all we can to give you a great holiday, things sometimes do go wrong. If there’s something wrong with your accommodation or holiday, please do tell us whilst you are on holiday so that we can try to put things right and allow you to get the most out of your stay.
We regret we may not be in a position to rectify complaints that are brought to our attention when you have gone home.
We accept responsibility for things that we could have foreseen or prevented when you booked and we’ll deal reasonably and proportionately with any claims for loss or damage caused by our fault.
We want you to enjoy your holiday and to allow other visitors to enjoy their holiday. We therefore expect our visitors to behave responsibly and to be respectful towards others.
If the behaviour of any person in your party becomes threatening, abusive or offensive in any way, or is in breach of the Park Rules, we may ask you and your party to leave the park and cancel your holiday with us. We reserve the right to charge you for reasonable losses and costs that we suffer because of the cancellation. This could result in you not receiving a refund for the unused portion of your holiday.
You will appreciate that even though we have rules regarding behaviour and that we do our best to enforce those rules, we cannot control the actions of third parties. We cannot therefore take responsibility for any issues arising from the actions of third parties, including behaviour of other holidaymakers.
If you have any concerns about the behaviour of any other guest, please report it to us as soon as possible and we will investigate and take whatever action we feel necessary to protect the safety and enjoyment of our holidaymakers.
8. USE OF YOUR HOLIDAY HOME
We ask that you look after our holiday accommodation – we do not require you to pay a damage deposit but we reserve the right to recover the cost of any damages to our property caused either by you or your party. Please report any damages us as soon as possible – damages not reported to us whilst on site may incur additional administration charges. We may go into your accommodation at a reasonable time to check the condition and in an emergency may have to come into your accommodation at any time.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH PARK RULES
The Park Rules MUST be complied with, and are shown at the end of these Terms & Conditions. Please draw these to the attention of your party. The Park is a shared environment, and courtesy and consideration towards others is necessary for everyone to enjoy their holiday.
10. FACILITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT
If circumstances beyond our control prevent us from supplying any services, we reserve the right to alter, withdraw or vary the availability of amenities, entertainment programme and facilities without notice. In such cases we will endeavour to substitute programmes and facilities with similar services. Circumstances beyond our control means circumstances which we or the provider of services could not avoid, including (but not limited to) strike, or labour dispute, natural disaster, acts of terrorism, accident, and breakdown of equipment or machinery.
The comfort and safety of our guests is paramount and therefore some of our facilities have age and/or height restrictions. Entry to the club and swimming pools is on a first-come, first-served basis and for health and safety reasons will be restricted during very busy times.
If you or a member of your party, develops a contagious medical condition within 4 weeks of your arrival, please telephone or email us before you arrive. If a contagious condition is developed whilst on holiday, please report it to us immediately. In some cases we may seek advice from a doctor and ask you to stay in your holiday home or to go home.
12. GUESTS WITH A DISABILITY
If you have any specific health needs or requirements, please contact us prior to making your booking for our advice – we will do our best to meet your requirements but they cannot always be guaranteed. Our Disability Access Statement is available on request or at https://www.welcomefamily.co.uk/disability-access-statement
13. RESERVING ACCOMMODATION
For holidays of 7 nights or more, we can usually offer specific holiday homes in locations of your choice, subject to a charge of £15.00 per booking. This request can be made at the time of the booking (up to 2 weeks before arrival).
There may be a few limited choices available on arrival. If such choices are available on your arrival, a £15.00 charge will apply to the booking.
Wireless internet access is provided in good faith for customers who are staying with us and the reliability of this service cannot be guaranteed. By using our Wi-fi you are agreeing to our terms and conditions as follows:
In order to use the free customer wireless internet access, a user must agree to abide by the Company’s Customer Wireless Internet Access Acceptable Use Policy. The user is responsible for their own use of the internet through this facility.
Acceptable Use Policy
- Your access to the service is conditioned on legal and appropriate use of the service.
- Your use of the service and any activities conducted online through the Service shall not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of the Company, or any third party.
- The use of the service for the following activities is prohibited:
- Any activity which might damage the reputation of the Company, its directors or employees.
- Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another’s privacy.
- Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
- To advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials. The Company will notify and cooperate fully with the police and any law enforcement agency if it becomes aware of any use of the service in connection with such activities.
- Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, racist or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
- Accessing illegally computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system. This includes but is not limited to, port scans, stealth scans or other information gathering activity. Distribution of Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or other Destructive Activities Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, pinging, flooding, mailbombing, or denial of service attacks.
By making a firm booking you agree to the terms and conditions set out here. You have the right to cancel your booking within seven days of the date of the booking without incurring any charges.
A key benefit of booking your holiday direct with Welcome Family Holiday Park is our cancellation scheme as follows :
If any of the circumstances set out below arise and we are notified at least 2 weeks before the start of your holiday, you can cancel your holiday and receive a full refund, minus an administration fee of £50 or 10% of the total price of your holiday whichever is the greater.
Serious illness, serious injury, statutory redundancy and jury service affecting any person named on the booking form.
Death of any member of your party named on the booking form or an immediate family member (spouse, parent or child).
In the unfortunate event that you wish to make a claim, please call us on 03451 65 62 65. You will be required to provide documentary evidence in support of your cancellation.
Please note: this cancellation scheme is not an insurance policy and you are strongly recommended to make your own insurance arrangements if you require comprehensive cancellation/ curtailment insurance or personal insurance.
If you wish to cancel your holiday for any other reason the following criteria will be applied:
More than 8 weeks prior to your arrival date, we will refund all monies paid to us, minus your deposit.
Within 4-8 weeks prior to the arrival date we shall be entitled to keep the deposit plus 25% of the full holiday cost.
Within 2-4 weeks prior to the arrival date we shall be entitled to keep 75% of the full holiday cost.
Within 2 weeks prior to arrival date no refund shall be issued.
The sums above will be used to cover the losses we are likely to incur as a result of your cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing, to Welcome Family Holiday Park, Warren Road, Dawlish Warren, EX7 0PH or by e-mail to [email protected]
16. BROCHURE AND WEBSITE ACCURACY
We do our best to make sure that our website, brochure, arrival book and other marketing material is as accurate as possible. Photographs and layouts images shown are for illustration purposes and the details may be subject to alteration.
17. FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
We sometimes undertake promotional filming & photography. Every effort is made to ensure filming does not intrude into your privacy and make it clear to all guests in the vicinity that filming/photography is taking place. With this agreement, you give us the rights to using anything containing your image that’s made while you’re with us. If you don’t want to be included in promotional material please try to stay away from the filming area. However, if you or someone in your party does stray into a photo or video without meaning to, please let us know and we’ll do our best to remove the image or video material from our library.
18. DATA PROTECTION
The information you give us in connection with your booking is held securely on our computer systems and dealt with in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We keep this information to help us improve our service to you and to provide you with information about our holidays and services by telephone, e-mail, post and SMS and to keep you informed of our latest news and offers. If you would prefer not to receive this information from us then please indicate this on your booking or contact us on 03451 65 62 65 or at Welcome Family Holiday Park, Dawlish Warren, Dawlish, S Devon EX7 0PH.
We never hold financial information such as details of debit or credit cards, and we never share your personal details, including your email address with any third parties.
The Company accepts liability for loss or damage to your property which has been caused by negligence or breach of these terms by us or our employees (Property Damage). Our liability for Property Damage shall be limited to no more than £1,000.00. The Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any act or omission by any person who is not employed by us or contracted to work for us. We recommend that you take out appropriate insurance to cover your belongings.
The Company’s maximum liability to you for losses incurred by you as a consequence of a breach of these terms and conditions by us or as a consequence of negligence by us or our employees shall be limited to the amount that you have paid us for your holiday.
The Company will not be responsible for loss or damage that is not a reasonably foreseeable result of a breach of these terms and conditions.
20. PARK RULES
1. Visitors are required to check in on arrival, check out on departure and return the accommodation key. Check in time is 4 pm and check out is 10 am.
2. Accidents must be reported to Reception and documented on an Accident Report Form within 24 hours.
3. All signs situated around the Park must be observed.
4. Consideration and courtesy towards other park users must be observed at all times. We will not tolerate unruly or antisocial behaviour. If any guest staying on our Park exhibits such behaviour, they will be asked to leave the Park. No exceptions.
5. Noise should be kept to a minimum to avoid disturbance to other Park users. Between the hours of 11pm-8am all users of the Park should be quiet.
6. Car Parking – We do not have allocated parking or offer parking next to your accommodation. Cars must display the car sticker that is provided and be parked in the designated parking areas within a parking bay. Parking on the grass is strictly prohibited. In the event that you bring two or more cars, in the interest of fairness to the other guests in your area we may ask you to park one or more of your cars in an overflow car park.
7. The speed limit of 5mph must be observed on the Park for all vehicles and bicycles.
8. The one-way system applies to vehicles and cyclists and must be observed at all times.
9. Blue Badge Holders – We offer those customers who are in possession of a valid ‘blue badge’ a disabled parking sign for a returnable deposit for the duration of their stay. Customer must present the badge to our staff and the person named on the badge must be part of the booking party. We may ask for proof of identity. We have no designated disabled parking bays. Other guests are not permitted to remove or tamper with the disabled parking sign.
10. Bicycles must be ridden with care and consideration towards other holiday makers on the Park. Cycling is not permitted on the grass.
11. Pets – Well-behaved and fully vaccinated dogs not listed in the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 are permitted in selected accommodation, at an extra charge. Normally one dog only is allowed per booking. A second dog is allowed at our discretion. You cannot take your dog into your accommodation unless you have included them in your booking and received confirmation. Please respect the grounds by cleaning up after your dog. Dogs are not allowed on beds or other furniture. Dogs must never be left unattended, must be kept on a lead, and must wear the identity tag provided at all times whilst on the Park. Dogs are not allowed in any of the indoor public areas (except registered assistance dogs). Other species of pet may be permitted to stay on park at our discretion, please check prior to booking.
12. Single sex groups are not accommodated.
13. Licensed Club – there is no restriction on the age of guests using our licensed club. However, after 6.00pm children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Admission into the club will only be granted to park residents in possession of their included Fun Pass. Those customers staying in privately owned Holiday Homes must purchase passes to gain entry into the club.
14. Alcoholic drinks must be enjoyed responsibly. Anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated.
15. Smoking is not permitted within accommodation or any of the buildings on the Park. Please dispose of cigarettes carefully and in the designated bins provided.
16. Illegal drugs are not permitted on the Park. If you are suspected of using or possessing illegal drugs whilst on the Park you will be told to leave immediately and we will report you to the police.
17. Swimming Pool – All children under 11 years of age and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a competent and responsible adult over 18 and who is able to swim. All pool rules as stated in the pool facilities must be observed.
18. Children- Parents are responsible for supervising their children whilst on the Park. All the services/facilities offered for children are not childcare facilities. Children remain the responsibility of their parents at all times.
19. Games – Park users should use the games area provided. Please do not cause any disturbance to other Park users by playing in between pitches.
20. For the Safety of others clothing lines are not permitted between pitches. Instead window hanging or free-standing clothes horses are permitted. Full laundry and drying facilities are provided on the Park.
21. Barbeques are permitted but must be of proper construction. The base of the barbeque must not come into contact with the grass. Please consider your neighbours, keep the barbeque well away from buildings and caravans and most importantly, do not dispose of the ashes in the bin until the following day when you are sure they are cold. You must not put barbeques on the steps or verandas of your holiday home. Open fires are prohibited.
22. Footpaths are provided for access to all facilities and accommodations. Although we permit use of the grass areas for recreation, please be aware that grass may be slippery, uneven and cause slips or falls. As such we cannot accept responsibility for accidents caused whilst walking or playing on grass areas. Ball games are not permitted on grass areas – please use the sporting facilities provided.
23. Please take all your rubbish to the designated litter bins, doggie bins and recycling bins. Rubbish bags or litter must not be left outside of your accommodation.
24. a)The Company accepts liability for loss or damage to your property which has been caused by negligence or breach of these terms by us or our employees (Property Damage). Our liability for Property Damage shall be limited to no more than £1,000.00. The Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any act or omission by any person who is not employed by us or contracted to work for us. We recommend that you take out appropriate insurance to cover your belongings.
b)The Company’s maximum liability to you for losses incurred by you as a consequence of a breach of these terms and conditions by us or as a consequence of negligence by us or our employees shall be limited to the amount that you have paid us for your holiday.
c)However, nothing in these terms and conditions excludes liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence.
d)The Company will not be responsible for loss or damage that is not a reasonably foreseeable result of a breach of these terms and conditions.
If you need to make a complaint
Even though we’ll do all we can to give you a fantastic holiday, things do sometimes go wrong.
If there’s something wrong with your accommodation or holiday, please tell the Reception team straightaway so we can try to put things right. We’re sorry, but complaints may be rejected if we have not been given the opportunity to put matters right or investigate your concerns whilst you have been staying with us.
If your holiday is over and you’re still unhappy, please email our Customer Care team or write to us at Welcome Family Holiday Park, Warren Road, Dawlish Warren, Devon, EX7 0PH within seven days of the end of your holiday. Please write your holiday reference number on your letter and include your telephone numbers. Our Customer Care team will investigate your complaint to find out what happened and we’ll try to write back to you within 14 days of getting your letter or email.
1. Prize draws and competitions are open to UK residents* aged 18 or over, excluding employees and the immediate families of Swan Holiday (Westward) Ltd, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion or company. *Worldwide residents may enter where a prize is not required to be sent out, i.e. prizes to win a holiday where notification can be made by email.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter. All prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
3. Winners or prize draw entries will be chosen at random from all valid entries. Where a postcard entry is required, a full name, address and telephone number should be given.
4. Entry to the Prize draw or competition is restricted to one per household. Multiple entries, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
5. The winner will be contacted by email within 14 days of the close date. In the event that the winner has not responded within 14 days of notification then we reserve the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner.
6. Winners of facebook competitions will be notified by private message and on the facebook post, failure to respond to the facebook message/post within 14 days will result in fortfeiture of the prize.
7. For prizes which are for money off a Welcome Family Holiday, the discount may only be used against a new booking for the season / dates stated.
8. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated.
9. The winner’s name and county may be published in Welcome Family literature or on www.welcomefamily.co.uk or on Facebook. A full list of prizewinners may be obtained by sending a stamped-addressed envelope to the Promoter: Marketing Department, Welcome Family Holiday Park, Dawlish Warren, EX7 0PH, marking your envelope with the name of the draw for which you require the list of winners.
10. Welcome Family Holiday Park reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value if, due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the stated prizes are no longer available.
11. By entering the prize draw entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of Welcome Family Holiday Park, which are final in all matters relating to the prize draw. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Welcome Family Holiday Park or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
13. Facebook and Twitter competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
14. Welcome Family Holiday Park or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of Welcome Family Holiday Park or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
15. Welcome Family Holiday Park reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the Welcome Family Holiday Park website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions. Illegible or late entries will be disqualified.
16. To the full extent permitted by law Welcome Family Holiday Park will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond its reasonable control.
17. Welcome Family Holiday Park is compliant with the Data Protection Act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent. We may from time to time contact you by email, post or text message about products and offers which we think may be of interest to. If you wish to opt out of receiving information at any time please use the opt out function on emails, email us via our website enquiry page, telephone us on 08451 65 62 65 or write to: Welcome Family Marketing Department, Dawlish Warren, Devon, EX7 0PH.
Welcome Family Holiday Park is the promoter.
Prize Claims – £250 Holidays 30th October to 3rd November:
- Entry to the Prize draw or competition is restricted to one per Welcome Family or Hoseasons booking. Entry is automatic but may only be claimed by those present in Cruisers Club at the time of the competition/ draw.
- The top prize each night the competition is run is a £250 Welcome Family Holiday voucher. The voucher is to be used for holidays starting 14th April 2018 to 16th July 2018, but excluding holidays starting 25th May 2018 to 1st June 2018.
- If you are lucky enough to win the top prize of a holiday, your entry will be withdrawn for the remainder to the week.
- In order to claim a prize, entrants must be present at Cruisers Club during the competition and be able to produce their accommodation key. The accommodation key number must match the winning entry number.
- Winners of the top prizes are required to complete the claim form and hand it to reception prior to departure. Winners will subsequently be contacted no later than 24th November with a special prize code. This code should be entered into the booking checkout online or quoted to our call centre (03451 656265). The code is vaild for one time use only.
We may on occasion issue voucher or promotion codes which entitles customers to a discount or special offer.
Discount is only available for new bookings made directly with Welcome Family.
Bookings must be made via our website or by telephoning 03451 656265.
Only one voucher code per customer per booking.
Only one voucher code can be applied to a booking.
Voucher codes cannot be retrospectively applied to bookings already made.
Welcome Family reserve the right to withdraw a promotion or voucher code at any time.